Saturday, August 21, 2010

Creativity and Moodle

"Creativity is the type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual" ... Arthur Koestler

What do I mean by creativity in the case of this course?  In the case of my goals for Moodle Management  in the advanced sessions M4T I would like to apply my background of course development in a new, and different LMS,  as well as to learn and apply some additional new education methodologies In order to effect the Moodle constructivist learning model,  I am sorting through what I have needed to unlearn, learn and relearn.  Alvin Toffler wrote in the 70's that these would be the skills for literacy in the 21st century.  As a  lifelong learner (of already many years ~ read that as many, many years), new learning has been a serious and fun quest, and sharing the new learning has been a continuous and enjoyable endeavor.  As an educational entrepreneur,  I am always in a state of flow with creative learning approaches and facilitating endeavors.
 
With this final  Moodle course ~ in the  M4T series my initial goal is to design several modules illustrating a variety of adoption/adaption potentials for a variety of end users: not for profit, business, education, global collaboration (to mention a few) using multiple learning style modes for the enjoyment of having fun learning.  Building and then applying skills of new learning seems to me to be one of the most rewarding and memorable life endeavors. Collaborating and sharing the learning is a constant flow of changing and growing.  

I look forward to learning with and from the cohort in M4T now, as well as into the future.  I hope to be able to develop more "new learning"  and collaborate and share on a global stage, within and beyond  my multiple academic community associations.

As a post script:   the unit of SUNY (State University of New York) with which I have been  associated is ESC (Empire State College).  

T

No comments:

Post a Comment